Are you looking for some sparkly activities to get you in the festive mood? Or wondering where to find the best Christmas events in Berkshire for families? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
There’s an abundance of fun things to do with kids this Christmas in Berkshire. Whether you’re looking for Santa’s grottos, glittering illuminations, fair attractions, or Yuletide skating, we’ve got something for you.
Here’s our round up of 17 sparkly Christmas events for families in Berkshire. Plus, we’ve added some fun festive activities that are happening further afield. But don’t hang around, some of them are selling out fast.
Contents: click to jump to a section
Illuminated at Windsor Great Park
Windsor Great Park, Wick Lane, Englefield Green, TW20 0UJ
- Dates: 17th November 2021 – Sunday 9th January 2022 (4.30-10pm)
- Tickets: Illuminated at Great Windsor Park
- Cost: £74.80 (family of four)
One of the newest Christmas events in Berkshire is Illuminated at Windsor Great Park.
Join family and friends for a magical evening as the woodland and water of Windsor Great Park come alive with dazzling lights, dancing stars and breath-taking projections.
This very special light trail will take you on a multi-sensory journey through a dreamlike laser-scape, a cathedral of light, and past fountains of flowers, mythical creature holograms and many more moments of awe.
Wokingham Winter Carnival
Peach Place, Wokingham
- Dates: Saturday 28th November 2021 (11am – 5pm)
- Programme: Winter Carnival Programme
- Cost: Free
Wokingham Winter Carnival is a fun day out for the whole family.
There’s a whole host of street entertainers, music, singing, dancing and the fun of the fair with loads of different rides, whether you’re young or old. Plus, Santa will be in his grotto at the library and for lunch there are stalls offering an amazing choice of food and drink.
Kipper's Snowy Day at Norden Farm, Maidenhead
Norden Farm Centre for the Arts, Altwood Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 4PF
- Dates: 30th November – 30th December 2021
- Tickets: Kipper’s Snowy Day at Norden Farm
- Cost: £50 (family of four)
Now, this warm-hearted Christmas show is perfect for children and their families. Join this magical world of puppets and mischief, filled with original songs and music.
Twilight Trail at Biscuit Town, Reading
Forbury Gardens & Abbey Ruins, Reading, RG1 3BB
- Dates: 3rd – 31st December 2021 (5-8pm)
- Tickets: Biscuit Town Light Trail
- Cost: £26 (family of four)
An outdoor light trail featuring innovative light installations that mirror the biscuit-making process, interactive elements that will delight the whole family, and famous Reading locations as you’ve never seen them before. ‘Twilight Trail – Biscuit Town’ is a seasonal spectacle that’s not to be missed.
Windsor on Ice
Windsor on Ice, Alexander Gardens, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 3HY
- Dates: 20th November – 2nd January 2022
- Tickets: Windsor on Ice
- Cost: £45 (family of four)
One of the best Christmas events in Berkshire for families is ice-skating in Windsor. Just minutes from the royal castle, this is surely one of the best venues for a festive ice-rink?
Cinderella at South Hill Park, Bracknell
South Hill Park Arts Centre, Ringmead, Bracknell, RG12 7PA
- Dates: 26th November –3rd January 2022
- Tickets: South Hill Park
- Cost: £22 pp (for family of four)
Enjoy some fabulous fun, colourful characters, slapstick comedy, enchantment and all the creative sparkle you’ve come to love in this great British pantomime favourite.
Lights & Liminality at Basildon House, Reading
Basildon House, Lower Basildon, Reading, Berkshire, RG8 9NR
- Dates: 17th November 2021 – Wednesday 5th January 2022
- Tickets: Light and Liminatlity at Basildon House
- Cost: £37.50 – family of four (free for National Trust members)
Discover new ways to explore light and space as we usher nature indoors and enjoy the sensory delights of winter. Then, go outside to enjoy the illuminated woodland. Younger children will have fun following Percy the Park keeper’s winter wander trail around the grounds.
Christmas Family Raceday at Ascot Racecourse
Ascot Racecourse, High Street, Ascot, SL5 7JX
- Dates: 17th and 18th December 2021
- Tickets: Ascot Christmas Race Weekend
- Cost: From £27 per adult (children are free)
As well as racing, there’s an abundance of seasonal fun with a range of festive entertainment. Little children can enjoy festive arts and crafts, cookie decorating, face painting and Christmas story-telling. They can also meet Father Christmas and his reindeer.
The event also includes traditional fairground rides and candle-lit carol singing.
Santa's Grotto in Daniel's, Windsor
Daniel Dept Store, 120-124 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1DP
- Dates: 5/6th December, 12/13th December, 17th – 24th December 2021
- Tickets: Advanced booking is not available
- Cost: £7 per child (includes gift)
Father Christmas is visiting Daniel’s again this year. So, come along and meet him in his cosy festive sitting room in the Christmas Department, have a quick chat and receive a small present.
Lapland UK, Ascot
Whitmoor Forest, Swinley Road, Winkfield Row, Ascot, Berkshire, SL5 8BD
- Dates: 13th November 2021 – 3rd January 2022
- Tickets: Lapland UK
- Cost: From £69 pp (includes gift)
One of the most spectacular Christmas events in Berkshire is at Lapland UK.
Firstly,this Christmas-themed interactive experience will take you to the Enchanted Forest, Santa’s toy factory, Mother Christmas’ kitchen and the Elven Village. Here, kids will love building toys, ice-skating and meeting huskies, before a private audience with Father Christmas himself.
Christmas Trail at Eton
Eton High Street, Eton, near Windsor, Berkshire
- Dates: 18th November – 20th December 2021
- Map: available from Eton information centre
- Cost: free
Find the Eton teddy bears hidden in the town’s shop windows and you could win a prize!
Dressed in Eton uniform and sporting a festive Christmas hat, look for the teddy bears in Eton High Street. Each bear has a letter which together will spell a Christmas-related word! Ideal for all and especially families!
Entry form in advance via email@example.com or call into Eton Information Centre.
Legoland at Christmas
Legoland, Winkfield Road, Windsor, SL4 4AY
- Dates: 27th November 2021 – 3rd January 2022
- Tickets: Legoland at Christmas
- Cost: From £32 pp (+ additional ticket to see Santa)
Our festive event transforms the Park into a winter wonderland, complete with twinkling lights, snow dusted trees, and of course…a sprinkling of LEGO® magic!
Join us as we celebrate the most special time of the year with ‘LEGOLAND at Christmas. We have over 25 Rides, LIVE shows and attractions for you to enjoy with the whole family!
Christmas at Windsor Castle
Windsor Castle, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1NJ
- Dates: 25th November 2021 – 3rd January 2022
- Tickets: Christmas at Windsor Castle
- Cost: From £60.50 per family (includes re-admission for a year)
Experience a fairy tale Christmas at Windsor Castle. See the decorations at the castle and the magnificent tree in St George’s Hall. Furthermore, families can enjoy festive events such as story-telling sessions and weekend arts and crafts activities.
Cinderella at the Corn Exchange, Newbury
Corn Exchange, Market Place, Newbury, RG14 5BD
- Dates: 26th November 2021 – 2nd January 2022
- Tickets: Corn Exchange, Newbury
- Cost: £17.50 pp
Cinderella is full of traditional Corn Exchange pantomime fun with plenty of jokes, songs from across the decades, and more magic and sparkle than you can shake a wand at.
Winter Wonderland, Reading
Winter Wonderland, Hills Meadow, Reading, RG4 8DH
- Dates: 13th November 2021 – 3rd January 2022 (10am – 10 pm)
- Tickets: Reading Winter Wonderland
- Cost: Free entry, (£40 for family ice-skating)
Discover a wide range of attractions, activities and entertainment for visitors of all ages including a Bavarian slide, an undercover ice skating rink, Santa’s grotto and a wide variety of festive food and drinks.
Christmas events at Bracknell Library
Bracknell Library, The Avenue, Bracknell, RG12 1BH
- Dates: 11th and 16th December 2021 (10.30am)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost: £2 per child for each event
Finally, there are a couple of Christmas events for toddlers at the library in Bracknell.
Saturday 11th December 2021 – Younger children can enjoy Christmas story time at the library.
Thursday 16th December 2021 – Toddlers can enjoy a Christmas themed Tots’ Time
Christmas events near Berkshire and in London
Finally, if you can travel further afield, here are some of the best Christmas things to do in Surrey, Hampshire and London.
What are your favourite things to do in Berkshire at Christmas? We’d love to hear your comments below.
Pin for later: 17 sparkly Christmas events in Berkshire 2021
All rights reserved
© Chimptrips. Republishing this article and/or any of its contents (text, photography, links, etc.), in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.