Are you looking for some sparkly activities to get you in the festive mood? Or wondering where to find the best Christmas events in Berkshire for families in 2023? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
There’s an abundance of fun things to do with kids this Christmas in Berkshire. Whether you’re looking for Santa’s grottos, glittering light trails, fair attractions, or Yuletide skating, we’ve got something for you.
Here’s our guide to 17+ sparkly Christmas events for families in Berkshire in 2023. Plus, we’ve added some fun festive activities that are happening further afield.
- Some tickets have previously been gifted but all opinions are our own.
- This post contains some affiliate links – any purchases you make are unaffected but we may receive a small commission
Contents: click to jump to a section
Christmas Events in Berkshire 2023
Wokingham Winter Carnival
Peach Place, Wokingham
- Dates: Sunday 26th November 2023 (11am – 5pm)
- Programme: Wokingham Winter Carnival
- Cost: Free
2023 sees the return of our Wokingham Winter Carnival on Sunday 26 November!
With over 125 stalls, funfair rides, food and entertainment there will be lots to do and see.
Wokingham Winter Carnival is a FUN day out for the whole family. The town is closed to traffic for the day so children can join in the fun in a totally safe environment.
There’s a whole host of street entertainers, music, singing, dancing and the fun of the fair with loads of different rides, whether you’re young or old.
Santa will be in his grotto and for lunch there are stalls offering an amazing choice of food and drink.
Windsor on Ice
Windsor on Ice, Alexander Gardens, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 3HY
- Dates: Friday 17th November 2023 – 7th January 2024
- Tickets: Windsor on Ice
- Cost: £46 (family of four)
One of the best Christmas events in Berkshire for families is ice-skating in Windsor. Just minutes from the royal castle, this is surely one of the best venues for a festive ice-rink? As well as skating, you can enjoy the funfair from 3pm or spot Father Christmas at the weekends.
Christmas at Basildon House, Reading: Wind in the Willows
Basildon House, Lower Basildon, Reading, Berkshire, RG8 9NR
- Dates: 18th November 2023 – 5th January 2024
- Tickets: Christmas at Basildon House
- Cost: free for National Trust members
Experience the enchantment of the season at Basildon Park as it pays tribute to the timeless tale of ‘The Wind in the Willows.’
Starting from 18 November, immerse yourself in a wonderland of beautifully adorned trees, garlands, and twinkling fairy lights, all inspired by the captivating story. The magical atmosphere extends to the gardens, where you’ll encounter charming woodland creatures and whimsical decorations.
Christmas Family Raceday at Ascot Racecourse
Ascot Racecourse, High Street, Ascot, SL5 7JX
- Dates: 22nd and 23rd December 2023
- Tickets: Ascot Christmas Race Weekend
- Cost: From £30 per adult (children are free)
As well as racing, there’s an abundance of seasonal fun with a range of festive entertainment.
Off the track, there’s an abundance of seasonal fun for all with a range of festive entertainment set to delight racegoers of all ages. The traditional fairground rides and candle-lit carol singing with the Ascot Brass Band remain firmly part of the entertainment, and Father Christmas and his reindeer will be in attendance.
Santa's Grotto in Daniel's, Windsor
Daniel Dept Store, 120-124 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1DP
- Dates: weekends in November and December
- Tickets: Daniel Santa’s Grotto
- Cost: £10 per child (includes gift)
Father Christmas is visiting Daniel’s again this year. So, come along and meet him in his cosy festive sitting room in the Christmas Department, have a quick chat and receive a small present.
Festival of Light, Newbury
Newbury Methodist Church, Northbrook Street, Newbury
- Dates: Sunday 10th November 2023
- Tickets: n/a
- Cost: free
Soak up the atmosphere and watch the hundreds of twinkling lanterns as the procession travels through Newbury town centre in our popular, annual Festival of Light.
The procession will travel along Northbrook Street before arriving in the Market Place with live music and a festive atmosphere.
The candle-lit procession starts at 4.30pm.
Lapland UK, Ascot
Whitmoor Forest, Swinley Road, Winkfield Row, Ascot, Berkshire, SL5 8BD
- Dates: Nov/Dec 2023
- Tickets: Lapland UK
- Cost: Unfortunately, Lapland has already sold out, but you can register for cancellations.
One of the most spectacular Christmas events in Berkshire is at Lapland UK.
Firstly, this Christmas-themed interactive experience will take you to the Enchanted Forest, Santa’s toy factory, Mother Christmas’ kitchen and the Elven Village. Here, kids will love building toys, ice-skating and meeting huskies, before a private audience with Father Christmas himself.
Christmas Trail at Eton
Eton High Street, Eton, near Windsor, Berkshire
- Dates: tbc
- Map: available from Eton information centre
- Cost: free
Find the Eton teddy bears hidden in the town’s shop windows and you could win a prize!
Dressed in Eton uniform and sporting a festive Christmas hat, look for the teddy bears in Eton High Street. Each bear has a letter which together will spell a Christmas-related word! Ideal for all and especially families!
Entry form in advance via email@example.com or call into Eton Information Centre.
Legoland at Christmas
Legoland, Winkfield Road, Windsor, SL4 4AY
- Dates: 25th November – 23rd December 2023
- Tickets: Legoland at Christmas
- Cost: From £32 pp (+ additional ticket to see Santa)
Our festive event transforms the Park into a winter wonderland, complete with twinkling lights, snow dusted trees, and of course…a sprinkling of LEGO® magic!
Join us as we celebrate the most special time of the year with LEGOLAND at Christmas. We have over 25 Rides, LIVE shows and attractions for you to enjoy with the whole family!
Christmas at Windsor Castle
Windsor Castle, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1NJ
- Dates: From 30th November 2023
- Tickets: Christmas at Windsor Castle
- Cost: £73.20 per family (includes re-admission for a year) (2022 price)
Experience a fairy tale Christmas at Windsor Castle. See the decorations in the State Apartments and the magnificent tree in St George’s Hall. Furthermore, families can enjoy festive events such as story-telling sessions and weekend arts and crafts activities.
Winter Wonderland, Reading
Winter Wonderland, Hills Meadow, Reading, RG4 8DH
- Dates: 11th November 2023 – 3rd January 2024 (10am – 10 pm)
- Tickets: Reading Winter Wonderland
- Cost: Free entry and several ticket options available, (£40 for family ice-skating or £64 unlimited ride pass)
Discover a wide range of attractions, activities and entertainment for visitors of all ages including a Bavarian slide, an undercover ice skating rink, Santa’s grotto and a wide variety of festive food and drinks.
Christmas Light Trails in Berkshire 2023
Illuminated at Windsor Great Park
Windsor Great Park, Wick Lane, Englefield Green, TW20 0UU
- Dates: 16th November 2023 – 2nd January 2024 (4.30-10pm)
- Tickets: Illuminated at Great Windsor Park
- Cost: from £64.92 (family of four) + car park
One of our favourite Christmas events in Berkshire is Illuminated at Windsor Great Park.
Join family and friends for a magical evening as the woodland and water of Windsor Great Park come alive with dazzling lights, dancing stars and breath-taking projections.
Opening on Thursday 16 November, this very special light trail returns to light up the festive season bigger, better and more dazzling than ever with a brand new trail design and spectacularly re-imagined installations.
Spectacle of Light, Welford Park, Newbury
Spectacle of Light, Welford Park, Welford, Newbury, RG20 8HU
- Dates: 20th October – 12th November 2023 (selected evenings)
- Tickets: Spectacle of Light at Welford Park
- Cost: From £55.80 (family of four)
Discover the night-time wonder of Welford Park through a wonderful spectacle of light and sound. Enjoy this beautiful, illuminated trail through the majestic woodland and around the gardens all lit under the stars.
Spectacle of Light offers you the chance to view the much loved paths of Welford Park from a different perspective and discover new sights along the way. Join us and see Welford Park like never before!
Neverland Illuminova at Wellington Country Park
Wellington Country Park, Riseley, Berkshire, RG7 1SP
- Dates: 16th November – 23rd December 2023
- Tickets: Neverland Illuminova
- Cost: £80 (family of four) You can get discounts with an annual pass.
In the heart of Wellington Country Park, an illuminated kingdom awaits you this winter with even more Neverland to discover.
New for 2023, explore the awakened woodlands and reach for the stars with our extended trail. Enjoy a magical quest with your friends and family, there is something for everyone.
A heart warming adventure with big memories. There are limited spaces for a truly bespoke experience. Brighten the end of your year.
Christmas Shows and Pantomimes in Berkshire 2023
Beauty & the Beast at the Corn Exchange, Newbury
Corn Exchange, Market Place, Newbury, RG14 5BD
- Dates: Friday 24th November – Saturday 31st December 2023
- Tickets: Corn Exchange, Newbury
- Cost: From £16.00 pp
The Corn Exchange pantomime returns with another epic adventure, brimming with panto fun, including roaringly funny jokes, beastly amounts of magic, and a hit list of songs for all ages.
Aladdin at the Theatre Royal Windsor
Theatre Royal Windsor, Thames Street, Berkshire, SL4 1PS
- Dates: 24th November 2023 – 4th January 2024
- Tickets: Aladdin at Theatre Royal Windsor
- Cost: £94 (family of four)
Make all of your wishes come true and join Windsor’s favourite threesome on a magical (carpet) ride of adventure and fun! Returning for his 10th Windsor Pantomime, everyone’s favourite fox ‘BASIL BRUSH’ is back alongside Windsor favourites STEVEN BLAKELEY, KEVIN CRUISE and ANITA HARRIS.
Miki at Norden Farm Arts Centre, Maidenhead
Norden Farm Centre for the Arts, Altwood Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 4PF
- Dates: Tuesday 28th November – Saturday 30th December 2023
- Tickets: Miki at Norden Farm
- Cost: £54 (family of four)
Miki, Polar Bear and Penguin live in a very far away place. It’s an icy world where nothing ever grows. One midwinter eve, they make a wish and Miki embarks on a magical adventure in search of a star…
Based on the book by Stephen Mackey, Miki is an inspiring story about friendship, courage and adventure. It features amazing underwater creatures, enchanting music and extraordinary puppetry.
Sleeping Beauty at South Hill Park, Bracknell
South Hill Park Arts Centre, Ringmead, Bracknell, RG12 7PA
- Dates: Friday 24th November – Saturday 31st December 2023
- Tickets: Sleeping Beauty at South Hill Park
- Cost: From £23.50 pp
Enjoy some fabulous fun, colourful characters, slapstick comedy, enchantment and all the creative sparkle you’ve come to love in this great British pantomime favourite.
Christmas events near Berkshire and in London
Finally, if you can travel further afield, here are some of the best Christmas things to do in Surrey, Hampshire and London.
- Christmas at the London Eye
- 23+ magical things to do in Surrey
- 21+ awesome Christmas events in Hampshire
- Chobham’s Adventure Farm’s Magical Christmas, Surrey
- Christmas with Peppa Pig at Paultons Park, Hampshire
- Hogwarts in the Snow at the Warner Bros Studio, Watford
- Christmas at Kew
- Christmas at Shrek’s Adventure
- Christmas at Blenheim Palace
- Leonardslee Illuminated, Lower Beeding, Sussex
What are your favourite things to do in Berkshire at Christmas? We’d love to hear your comments below.
Pin for later: Sparkly Christmas events in Berkshire 2023
All rights reserved
© Chimptrips. Republishing this article and/or any of its contents (text, photography, links, etc.), in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.